Sports Fields Inc. is a leading builder of athletic fields for major athletic programs and professional sports teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a sports industry-oriented team that is expanding its client base. If you are self-motivated, maintain schedules, have strong communicate skills, and meet the following qualifications, please send your resume to us for consideration.
The sports turf construction Sales/Estimator/Project Manager will be responsible to search and follow lead sheets for new project opportunities.
- Contact by telephone, general contractors, engineers, architects, and owners to communicate our bid interest and desired scope of work.
- Ability to identify our work and pursue opportunities that lead to new profitable work.
- Assist the estimators in analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing.
- Periodic travel to pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Possess a good understanding of construction methods and principles, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to accurately evaluate detailed specifications and plans.
- Possess strong organizational skills and can meet short deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and quick learner in digitizing software. Familiar with Teams and Sharepoint.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to determine the full scope and expectations of a project.
- Work with project management to hand off awarded projects.
- Manage small construction projects. Coordinate vendors and subcontractors.
- Demonstrate high professionalism; accountability and integrity and foster the same in employee relations.
- Provide leadership in safety, risk evaluation, contract negotiations and pricing decisions.
Bachelor’s Degree in construction related degree. Proven written and verbal communication abilities. Ability to read and understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, project schedule, and scopes of work. Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands, to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.