Sports Fields Inc. is a leading builder of athletic fields for major athletic programs and professional sports teams. Besides those working in the athletic field industry, good candidates for this position come from having experience in site construction including concrete, layout, earthwork and grading, golf course construction, or commercial landscape construction.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a sports oriented team that is expanding its client base. If you are self-motivated, maintain project schedules, and meet the following qualifications, please send your resume to us for consideration.
The Sports Turf Construction Superintendent directs the project team in the construction of athletic fields and sports parks.
- Supervising and directing self-performed concrete, earthwork, laser grading, and synthetic turf crews;
- Coordinating material deliveries and managing inventory;
- Managing subcontractor activities;
- Maintaining daily logs; conducting weekly safety meetings; reviewing time cards;
- Coordinates and fulfills agency inspections and Permit requirements;
- Managing efficient equipment utilization; supervises the maintenance and repair of construction equipment;
- Monitoring and managing labor, material, and equipment costs against budgets;
- Coordinates housing and travel for project team;
- Sequencing work and manpower with other Superintendents;
- Anticipates construction sequences to avoid disruptions in work;
- Understands and employs ADA requirements;
- Anticipates problem areas and seeks advice with management before problems occur;
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Participates in construction conference calls;
- Maintain company quality standards;
- Self starter; first person on the job and the last person to leave;
- Understands logical construction sequences and produces quality work;
- Travel; our work sends us to all states;
- Understanding construction drawings; building the job to plans and specifications;
- Establish grades and lines from surveyed points;
- Layout of all construction components;
- Interviews, hires and trains new employees; staffs job adequately;
- Evaluate, discipline and dismiss subordinates;
- Know, practice and maintain construction codes;
- Good communication with project team and Owner/General Contractor representatives;
- Basic computer/internet skills; basic Microsoft Word and Excel utilization;
- Good math skills;
- Ability to operate most construction equipment;
- Ability to calculate concrete, forming, and aggregate quantities and coordinate deliveries;
- Obtain or maintain OSHA certifications;
All employees must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check. A minimum of four years’ related experience training and/or experience. Knowledge of site construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Your next step is to contact us using the form below:
(Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
Salary – Negotiable
- Health Insurance
- PTO Plan
- Per Diem Travel Benefit