Sports Fields Inc. is a leading builder of athletic fields for major athletic programs and professional sports teams. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a sports industry-oriented team that is expanding its client base. If you are self-motivated, maintain project schedules and budgets, and meet the following qualifications, please send your resume to us for consideration.
The Sports Turf Construction Project Manager directs the project team in the construction of athletic fields and sports parks. This candidate is qualified to handle a project contract in excess of $25 million that includes self-performed and subcontracted work including all building trades, and infrastructure in a fast-track environment.
- Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project.
- Reports to Senior Project Manager or Project Executive.
- Lead in the team development through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships.
- Manage assigned staff toward maximizing job performance and career potential.
- Administer contract procedures and subcontract agreements.
- Foster good relationships with architects, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Prepare, maintain and communicate project schedules and manage its implementation.
- Bridge project turnover with preconstruction team.
- Implement and enforce company quality expectations with fellow employees and subcontractors.
- Provide leadership in safety, risk evaluation, contract negotiations and pricing decisions.
- Demonstrate high professionalism; accountability and integrity and foster the same in employee relations.
- Initiate Pay Application process.
- Work with Accounts Payable to insure timely subcontractor and vendor payments.
- Develop and maintain cost-at-completion projections; keep management informed of budget vs. actual job cost.
Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum of 8 years related experience. Thorough knowledge of construction costs, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering in addition to understanding accounting principles. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficient with computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and digitizing software. Ability to read and understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, project schedule, and scopes of work. Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands, to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Your next step is to contact us using the form below:
(Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)
Salary – Negotiable
- Health Insurance
- PTO Plan
- Per Diem Travel Benefit