FIELDS Maintenance is looking for Landscape Crew Leads to help cultivate an outstanding environment for guests, tournament participants, and the staff of Sports Force Parks at Cedar Point Sports Center. The Landscape Crew Lead position is an excellent way to gain hands-on experience in day-to-day landscape, facility operations, and maintenance duties as well as tournament operations. Landscape Crew Leads will focus on park landscape duties along with supporting the tournament prep and maintenance teams.
The position requires up to 25-35 hours per week including weekend tournaments. Days and hours may vary.
- Lead, motivate and drive Landscape Crews to meet deadlines in preparing the park for tournaments and events
- Perform daily maintenance and/or repair of high-quality synthetic turf and landscape plant materials
- Observation, repair, and operation of the park-wide irrigation system
- Hands-on preparation for all tournaments and individual events
- Installation and removal of temporary fencing
- Provide event-day quality control
- Maintain overall park cleanliness, including dugouts, trash receptacles and restrooms; in prep for and during events/tournaments
- Assist as directed in the maintenance of professional-quality artificial turf surfaces
- Operation of FIELDS Maintenance equipment and tools safely and proficiently
- Maintain accurate maintenance records
- Perform daily housekeeping duties as needed
- Other projects as necessary
Education, Skills, Abilities:
- Operation of Fields Maintenance equipment and tools safely and proficiently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Able to effectively communicate with a diverse population, including strong verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends seasonally as the business requires
- Must be able to climb ladders, carry, walk, sit, stoop, push, pull and move continuously during work hours
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, including walking long distances throughout the park during assigned shift.
- May be asked to routinely lift items of weight up to 75 lbs. to accomplish job duties.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment in large, crowded areas of park
- Supervision experience a plus
- Customer service experience a plus
- Forklift or other relevant certifications a plus
- Routinely exposed to varied weather conditions including extreme weather conditions
Once you have completely filled out and signed the application, please bring it to the park. We accept applications at our main entrance building Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Our address is 3115 Cleveland Road W., Sandusky, Ohio 44870.